Android app for codechef with offline support

Thanks @vidyut_1

Nice app bro!!!

but this makes me think why there is no official app for codechef
also android app for stackexchange as well as stackoverflow jst sucks
why such platforms which are famous for programmers are so dull at making apps
am not criticizing anyone. jst a thought that came to my mind

2 Likes

I guess this is because they are meant to be used on PC and not smart phones. Even in this app, I can not think of any use of adding option to submit solution as it is simply ridiculous. I simply made this for practicing questions and in spare time and it appears a small minority wants such an app afterall. And at the end, the community can always make apps for their needs

Once we open a contest and wants to go back, we move to the top of the “all contests” page that is kind of a trouble.
It would be very nice of you if you can fix this thing.
But anyways nice work bro !! Keeps it up.

1 Like

If you make a git repo of this project I can help you to add more features to this.

Commited fix to github. Update will roll out soon to play store with your desired changes.

It is very good work . Thank you very much. But I think the design ofproblem window ,where text of problem is shown, is a little boring . But again it is good job )

I had already mafe a github repo and the link is in this page itself. https://github.com/rituraj22/fridge

but the Q&A forums shld have such apps
Quors works fine
why not stackoverflow. It will boost people participation as people are more comfortable with mobiles

How to save questions from practice offline???

And One more request It will be great if the text color would be white instead of grey so the questions can be more clearly viewed.

Use the plus button and enter the question code.
Alternatively you can associate the app to open codechef links and the app will directly launch on opening a question url.
For contrast, I will add it in the next update

The text has been made fully white in the new update. Check it out

Rituraj from where you learn android app development? I also want to learn the android app development.

Thanks man. App is hell lightweight and works like a charm for me. Thank you for such an app. Just one more thing (idk whether its a bug or not) whenever i refresh(by sliding down) on a saved question it displays “Question might be unavailable” even when net is connected.

Actually in saved question, I try to open question in practice mode, and if contest is ongoing then it will show question as unavailable. If you do it by mistake then you can just go back and then reopen the question. And also you can rate and share the app if you like it

Your point is good but stackoverflow does have an app.

@rituraj22 After the recent updates. For all previous alreday occured contest. Your app is showing contest is yet to start. Add to calender… Plz correct this and update the app again.
Attached screenshot. You can see the arrow > instead of download button.
alt text

Strange. This is showing correctly on the latest stable version for me. Maybe this was an issue in codechef’s formatting. Try again and reply

1 Like

@rituraj22 I didn’t know what had happened. But uninstalled this and installed this again. And its working fine now. :slight_smile:

i want to add follow button on my site Techzino