ACM ICPC AMRITAPURI ONLINE ROUND

The online round just ended,
can someone tell me how many teams they’ll be selecting for the onsite round !

Thank you.

it’s not rank wise team selection…
it’s firstly one from each college solving at least one ques

2 Likes

Oh !! nice, but won’t that be unfair, coz from IIT’s and NIT’s many people do well…

Dude…don’t forget IIIT Hyderabad

3 Likes

Yeah lol, especially IIIT Hyderabad… poor lads… so many talents.!! just gonna get wasted and unrecognized…!

unfortunately dude if you are from a IIT or gud NIT/BITS/IIIT you will have harder entry into the cometition even if you are 100 times better than the other getting an entry … i don’t know why but its really a wierd reservation type rule of icpc you have to bear with it and hope that you are from a college with not that much coders :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget IIIT Allahabad too… Almost 45 teams participated from there this year and almost 10 teams have rank within top 100…
But still only top 4-5 will be selected…
Really very cruel judging system…

IIIT-Hyderabad : 5 teams in top 10.

4 Likes

I hope we are the only one team from our college and we solved 2 problems only as we started the event very late. Is there any chance if we are the best from our college?

I hope we are the only one team from our college and we solved 2 problems only as we started the event very late. Is there any chance if we are the best from our college?

@gmgoutam , hopefully you’ll be in !!since you’ve solved 2 problems they’ll take you in if you’re the only team from your institution !

1 Like

Guys just got the news…
For Amritapuri onsite round, they’re planning to call 260 teams this time… might be increased to 300!!

1 Like

Yes! Top team from all participating colleges are selected.