Why are these solutions of different users from the April Long Fault question same ?

I think we should not worry too much about cheaters.
although we must do our best what we can to avoid cheating.

Also
Good coders never cheat.
you cannot come in top 10 by cheating in anyways.
Codechef here provides us a platform to learn
its upto you, how you use this platform.

10 Likes

quite cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

please be rest assured, the codechef admins have been already informed about these. Actions will be taken as codechef is very serious in this matter.

1 Like

Yes I do agree to what all has been said above. But we as other coders should not be too much bothered about it The main purpose and motive of CodeChef long challenges is to help people learn something new. That is why i feel there is no count of WA/TLE since everyone learns from his/her mistakes. So the persons doing malpractices are doing at their own loss. If they had coded the code themselves they MUST have learned atleast some small thing. Even debugging your own code teaches something. And what will they achieve by getting a good rank, what matters in the end is to learn
Something and enhance our knowledge. So let us all concentrate on improving ourselves rather than digging up with solutions of other people. Have faith in admins Surely they will do what is needful and which hepls this CodeChef platform.

PS Even i am against cheating but i guess we have other more important things to do, because this isnā€™t helping anyone here. So lets keep faith on admin and keep CODING and improving ourselves

HAPPY CODING

11 Likes

i think codechef must give partial points Question in next long challenge like to detect cheated solutions.More exact matching,more would be the scored points.

1 Like

could u plz elaborate on your thoughts I mean partial marking in what sense based upon the source code matching. And awarding more points to matched solutions ???

All this goes over my head ā€¦ CONFUSED

@ronny:partial marking means partial score question, in the same sense where codechef gives away the Questions in long challenge each month.
and more exact oneā€™s algorithm works to detect cheat, more points he would be awarded.

hope now u got it :slight_smile:

@prashantgpt91 Even I donā€™t seem to understand your suggestion. From what I was able to gather from your last comment is to add a new problem in the Long Contest where each user is supposed to design an algorithm to detect cheating cases.
Am I right ?
Again what purpose will this do ?
Designing an algorithm to check same solutions . Shouldnā€™t this be left to the admins of CodeChef to decide and detect on such malpractices.
And in such a case each Long Contest will have a same question every month??
If I am wrong in assuming your statement do correct me.