Which language should one first start with ? JAVA or Python ?

Wow, Only months, that’s quite good performance to get 5* within a few months @vijju123

Books: CLRS is always there, but i guess it is too complex (I haven’t read much of it).

I haven’t referred any books much, but geeksforgeeks articles are always good for almost every topic. After that, google helps a lot in finding right codeforces blogs.

PS:There was a user named kunnu123 i guess. Also, check this solution @kunnu120 https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/16512154

@vijju123 @taran_1407 when you started coding did you guys think you can reach 5 stars for vijju and 6 for taran? Because I don’t think so I can even go to 4

@taran_1407 I read first 2 pages of CLRS and I was like oh man it’s not for me, It was too complex but in detail though

I only refer it for certain topics.

What’s the most common data structure for competitive programming?

Depends upon the problems. There’s no end to it.

Refer this.

Thank you!!

No problem… :slight_smile:

I didnt read any book. Blogs do the thing for me. Bt of course, in the end books are your good friend. I find reading from hardcopy a bit better :3. I am looking for that “The Art of Competitive Programming” editions 1-3, but cant find any sadly. It seemed a nice book to me from preview.

CLRS was complex? Really? I thought its quite simplified and hence the thickness exceeding kilometers. If you are struggling in dp, then first practice the standard ones from Geeksforgeeks. That will definitely help :slight_smile:

This one??

Yup, want all 3 versions :3. Got part 3, and now part 2 (thanks!). Any idea on part 1 ? :3

Thank you everyone for your valuable answers. After a bit of research and your opinions, I’m looking forward to get started with Java.

No idea…

PS:where did u get part 3?? can u share link?

I got it by googling a long while back. Had to intensely google for 45 minutes though. Ping me if you cannot find. :slight_smile:

@kunnu120 - Ok. I bless you to excel in coding so you could find a beautiful wife to marry and begot numerous chunnu-munnus (from her) XDXD.

@taran_1407 - Thanks!! The growth would have been more exponential if college exams didnt ruin 80% of the long though :frowning: .Sad reax only T_T.

@kunnu120 - If you work hard, you will get result. Thats the basic level of confidence you must have. For 4 star, you must shift to excelling in easy-section problems. (problem 1-4 of long, first 2 problems of cook off and lunchtime, all are categorised in “Easy Section”). Keep practicing, you will get the trick.

1 Like

I’ll see that.

Btw, can you have a look at this question https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/119243/need-help-in-pointing-out-my-mistake

Take a look at Both solutions too.

Took a look. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah… Nice look. :smiley: