SPECIES - Editorial

Hi @kingofnumbers, I realised that the test cases for this problem are pretty weak. My solution (link text) fails on many testcases such as the one below even though it got an AC.

???B

I hope such cases are overlooked in future so that only the accurate submissions get Accepted.

yes this worked, but i still didn’t get what the problem really is, when I am considering n in all of the functions and the code is checking in that n x n matrix only O_O

You might have crossed nxn while checking for surrounding points i.e. all 4 directions or something similar.

1 Like

Why do you think so? And remember about multiple test cases (T ≤ 50).

1 Like

Hi @errichto, I have coded my solution exactly as you guys have explained in the editorial but my solution is failing for Subtasks 2 and 3. Can you post the test cases and expected outputs for all subtasks as the competition is now over? It can help me and many others debug our solution :slight_smile:

A similar problem was there in INOI this year, not really same(not complaining), which used similar concepts. I wish I solved the problem back then.

1 Like

Just to increase the feels, the SCHEDULE problem for this march long was like…well…we had an editorial of it right under our nose at the discussion forum XD

Hi @errichto, My solution is also same as described in the editorial. It would be great if anyone can tell some corner cases. My solution failed on subtask 2 and 3. Corner cases of subtask 2 would be helpful as the solution is pretty straightforward for that.

please see this!

@pkacprzak

@tni_md you cause overflow on subtasks 2 and 3. Change the type of ans variable from int to long long and you’ll get accepted https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/13187540

Okay thanks :slight_smile:

For me it was this case

G?

Answer is 0 but my code was giving 1 as output.

To compute connected components we can use DSU as well. Here.