RRMATRIX - Editorial

About these C# solutions, I already told you guys earlier:

“It is some compiler/system related issue. The int program shows WA for test file 0, but when I download it and run on my system, the output is exactly as expected. I have never used C#, so I cant comment on this much.”

There might also be a bug in code which causes different behaviour on different machines, but the code looks reasonably clean to me, assuming these classes are not deprecated etc.

You guys can take up these issues with codechef admins.

1 Like

Thanks for your analysis. I’ve now sent a 3rd response to CodeChef Admin (summarizing our latest discussion) asking them to once again look into this issue. Hopefully I won’t get another response that says “Kindly post your query on the editorial page, it will get addressed.”

It really depends who from admins gets your e-mail. I have mainly good experience with admins, hope this problem will be solved soon and this won’t discourage you from competing.

Let me know if there is no will to solve this problem, I’ll write them few words too.

Hi Dwoolley, we are looking into the issue and will get back to you on it.

1 Like

I am not able to understand the last part, that how come answer for no of matches become g + 1. I got the same equation given in editorial, but at the end how come this happens --> i = lp and j = lq and from this how do we draw conclusion that g + 1 is no of matches in both the matrices.
Please Help!

Just a note: in editorial are used 0-based indexes, while in problem statement there wer 1-based indexes used…

bradavice