Regarding Codechef's Cook-Offs

I have seen many times the codechef judge taking nearly 10 minutes to run the solution (happened with me too some time ago). Even in present way users are going through same problem , ryt??

I believe my way, atleast they would work on that solution than wait for judge’s verdict. I thought about those users. Although i wrote 10 min to illustrate my point. Codechef may select time limits as they think appropriate.

yeah, i would +1 for the same, saturday cookoff would be better suited.

No, you are assuming that it takes 10 min to give verdict at beginning of contest itself when users attempt p1 and p2. Thats not true. Judge starts taking time somewhere in middle of contest.

Judge typically takes 2-3 minute to give verdict at start, and is soemtimes faster. A manual limit of submitting by us is extremely subjective topic and is bound cause a wave of dissatisfaction among many people.

@admin @vijju123, If Codechef is having problems in shifting Cook-Offs to Saturday, it can atleast shift the timing before 9:30, coz making it up to 12 with schools/colleges the next day is a bit difficult.

1 Like

On a side note, sleeping at 12 is late for you? O.o :3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t reckon i slept before 12 during last whole year more than 2-3 times (might be less :D)

3 Likes

Whether sleeping at 12 is late or not depends on the day : if its a weekday, then its definitely late, in weekdays, its awkwardly early XD :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, some colleges(like mine) have net cut-off from 12:05 am to 6 am for some reason on all weekdays.

1 Like

+1 for this idea.

saturday cookoff will be better…