Please Scrap COOK-OFF 61

worst contest management. worst. worst.
the money you are giving to participant you should use in more servers. worst.

I hope that top 50 for travel assistance would not be decided by this contest. Either repeat this one (preferable) or give it to top 75 each in next two contests, or give in Sep,Oct,Nov.

Codechef sucks big time. They have an extremely bad platform. Switch to codeforces guys.

even irctc works faster than codechef

4 Likes

@admin How are you handling long contests? I mean there are fewer glitches while the number of participants is six to seven times more than cook offs I think. Are you using different techniques for both contests or cook off faced some other issues?

if u cant host the contest without server issues better to host it on other sides . It took me 1 hour to submit the second question and 2 min to code :X

if u cant host the contest without server issues better to host it on other sides . It took me 1 hour to submit the second question and 2 min to code :X

codechef try to improve management, feeling very disappointed.

I agree , a recontest on some other day would be great and make this AUGCOOK61 unrated.

Yes it took a lot time to submit. waited 2 hours and after that it got accepted.
Please give us a chance once again.As lots of lots of people have done 2 problems.
One suggestion is to host to new contest and for this contest give sponsership to only those one who have solved >=3 problems.

I am not sure why your server can’t manage a traffic of even a few thousands of people. Make sure no one is trying to increase server load intentionally.

Hey All, The recently concluded August Cook-Off 2015 will be unrated due to the severe glitches that hampered the proceedings during the contest. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
As for the ACM ICPC reimbursement, it will now be given to the top 75 students from each of the two remaining Mega Cook-Offs (September & October).

1 Like