partial points in cookoff84 : Chang and the Perfect Function giving full marks !!

Its better for contests to be unrated than unfair.

6 Likes

@dpraveen @admin I think contest should get rated…but just a suggestion from my side ,your point of giving AC to all solutions who passed even a single subtask seems quite unfair to me …if I had known of this glitch during the contest …I could have easily submitted brute force within few minutes…I scratched my head for around half an hour thinking that bruteforce will not pass all the subtask then coded a O(alog(a)) solution …quite a few users I saw who unknowingly submitted bruteforce were ranked higher above me …though in real they shouldn’t have been as mine solution was a optimized solution and all subtask got AC …where as some users just did a brute force and are above me with one subtask TLE’D in their solution and giving them AC now and rank them higher seems quite unfair to people like me who scrated their head for optimized solution

So my suggestion - rejudge all solutions,solutions that pass all the subtask should be given ac and therefore 1 point …others should be given tle/wa according to their solution

And a humble request please make contest rated…

2 Likes

Partial answers should not be accepted because people (like me) who thought partial answers are not part of Cook off did not attempt a brute force approach and it will be unfair to us. Even the third ranked user’s answer is partially accepted but he has got full points for it. Solution link

1 Like

Please upvote, so I can upvote the post.

Also, giving brute force solutions “AC” verdict is unfair because even a little bit experienced coder would have known that O(N^2) wouldn’t pass, so there is no use of submitting it and also it would cost 20 penalty minutes.

PS–> Do whatever you feel right but don’t make the contest unrated.

2 Likes

Having a contest in a month and that too unrated ??
Absolutely NOT A SOLUTION !

2 Likes

You wont say that if you get a decrease in rating and others (who are worse coders than you) get high increase by brute forcing.

Better unrated than unfair.

I think, that free roll suggestion is really nice and should be implemented.

4 Likes

Free roll idea would be great.
Even if someone got higher ratings due to brute force, if in the next rated competition they don’t perform well, it is bound to reduce.

2 Likes

I didn’t approach brute force as I knew that it wouldn’t pass. A big mistake was made by codechef. I think this contest should be unrated. Just giving TLE to those contestants who made a bruteforce solution is also unfair. Because if they got TLE during the contest, they’d have tried and could’ve solved the problem.

1 Like

@dpraveen @admin
Free roll suggestion is really good , Please try to Implement that as mentioned above .

4 Likes

I wasn’t able to take part in Codechef contests for past few months due to some reasons. Now, I took part in a contest and was able to perform somewhat decently and Codechef is at it again by making this round unrated. I thought I’d get some laddus, but I guess I just have hard luck. Nevertheless, I think it is unfair to give the same score to all the participants with partially accepted solutions, and also it’s unfair for participants like me too. The best thing would be to award the suitable rewards and ratings to the participants who are benefited by it and leave out the rest i.e. in the same way the CSAcademy’s free rating rollout worked and I hope Codechef take care of issues like these in future.

1 Like

Where are you hearing that this contest is unrated instead of delayed update? I don’t see any announcement of it being unrated. If it is unrated, it is possible to show the contest on our account so we can see our results? It helps with tracking progress. Thanks!

1 Like

"why was this thing not disabled where users submitting brute force got an AC? Look at this solution-

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/14657702

It was the latest c++14 solution which got AC. And thats brute force."

That solution is not a bruteforce.
The issue was in CHNGSUM and CHNGFUNC, and they were fixed after ~28 minutes.

The rejudge was not done during the contest because it would have put a lot of load on the server and the contest would have been further affected.

That solution is not a bruteforce

Yes, I’m sorry for that. I just realized that now when i gave a thought over maximum value c can get. It looked like O(AB) to me. Will edit that part out. :slight_smile:

The rejudge was not done during the contest because it would have put a lot of load on the server

Thats a dicey situation then. Rejudging during contest would have actually nullified everything and saved us of all the “after contest” problems. Its sad that it was not possible. I assume you guys must have looked over at possibilities of contest extension and etc too as well, before deciding this.

(continuation -) and in that case, whats done is done. I just hope a fair solution comes upto you guys then :slight_smile: . BTW, that free roll idea seemed nice to many people, so please give it a thought as well :slight_smile:

@ritesh104 He submitted again and got AC for all test cases! link:Solution

Contest should be unrated. Since it would be very unfair to participants. :frowning: