KMXOR - Editorial (Unofficial) (As i know many of you were near to the solution and you r getting wrong answers)

Thank you so much @vijju123
It was a great help for me… :smiley:

Hey @l_returns ,

I went through your editorials, and edited the first half to what would seem ideal to me. You can refer to that, and then at the latter part of the editorial to check the differences, and note formatting syntax etc. :slight_smile:

Some things I would like to point out-

1. I love your spirit of explanation. But it is an art to know when to explain very elaborately and when to refrain from that. What we call, Abstraction. :). I loved how you went on to tell the trick in detail, but at the same time, as you can see from editing history, I removed a bit of redundant explanations from the editorial. Too much of redundant explanation, where things are trivial bores the reader, and makes him feel as if editorialist is assuming him to be a kid/total-noob. Not to mention it unnecessarily makes the editorial lengthy!
  2. Formatting and presentation can be improved. Check out the format of latex etc. from the part I edited. :slight_smile:
  3. A few typos, but thats fine. Make sure there are no typos in headings.

Elaborating n point 1, even I did that when I wrote my very first unofficial editorial. I was a 2 star then, and was able to solve the question after looking at people’s code XD. Check it out here- https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/92733/feb-17-maketri-editorial-unofficial

See its such an extreme case of elaborate explanation! XD Criticthat editorial, see how it can be improved, and in the process see if you did that mistake as well! Thats all, I appreciate your sincere efforts :slight_smile:

1 Like

loved the edit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Latter part is left as an homework for you. I only gave hints so that you can discover the secret yourself :slight_smile: . Its better that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup… thanks… that’s enough hints…

Thank you so much… okay I ll surely keep this points in mind…
yeah that was a very huge editorial… XD

thanks for latex formats and pointing out my mistakes…

My pleasure bro :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone please tell me which test case fails for KMXOR for the following code?

It passes all the below mentioned test cases and I am still getting WA.

4 1

5 1

5 2

6 2

5 3

6 3

5 8

2 8

4 8

Let me check… wait…

Python 3.5, compiling that gives WA to me.

yeah got the language now…

case 2 1 prints 0 1

keep k==1 k==2 k==3 before n==2 condition

Brilliant!
Thankyou so much. :slight_smile:
AC finally :’)

1 Like

got AC after that…

welcome :slight_smile:

nicely explained bro :slight_smile:

thank you so much bro :slight_smile:

Hello @L_returns could you please point out mistake in my logic