Is it rated or not?

hahaha! see who’s talking! if you don’t care about rating then why do you want this round to be rated so much? It shouldn’t matter to you!

The way you are defending yourself is simply pathetic.

if you want the round to be unrated,then just stop participating.
I really don’t care about ratings,you can see in the rating predictor that my rating decreases.

I won’t stop participating just because you told so. The contest should be fair and square. that’s why it is a contest and not just practice. And no one told a single thing with previous contests because nothing unfair happened there. You just think your rating will increase and that’s why you want this round to be rated. You are being selfish, admit it!

@sudip_95 now will come to know who is selfish

![alt text][1]

Rating predictor is showing that your rating will be decreased by 162 and hence you want this round to be unrated.This shows how selfish you are.
![alt text][2]

And i want this round to be rated even though my rating decreases.

Note:I answered here because i can’t upload images in comment section.
[1]: https://discuss.codechef.com/upfiles/bitch_YmMN6LR.JPG
[2]: https://discuss.codechef.com/upfiles/mine.JPG

lol, didn’t even care to see the rating predictor. And by your logic, all of those people who want the round to be unrated is selfish! wow, what a logic! I think I should stop talking here. No reason is good enough for you.

yes it’s better to stop discussing after realizing that you are selfish!

“Better unrated than unfair.” - this simple thing won’t penetrate your thick skull. And it’s not my opinion. It’s from one of the biggest contributors of codechef ‘vijju’ and I don’t think you will call himself selfish too!

Guys, stop fighting. The discussion is gives no good and will just create tension between you two.

i didn’t call anyone selfish except you.Don’t include vijju here,he is a good friend of mine.

I will just clarify my stand (because it might be misinterpreted the way its being put across). There are times when i get messages where people share their state of mind (which i appreciate). I have seen that ratings actually matter for many people, as a source of motivation, as something to work hard for etc. They truthfully told that, sometimes they dont participate in contest due to “fall or ratings” or falling back on stars. I did not want that this contest further damages them. And i appreciate that @admin understood it as well.

I will just say what i replied to those 4. To anyone reading this-

Its good that you derive some sort of motivation/pleasure from ratings. But dont let anything grow on you, or it become too important for you. Ups and Downs are part of life and ratings are bound to increase and decrease. Its ultimately what you learn with participation that matters. If rating becomes too important, then its bound to demotivate you sometime.

Remember, its about sharpening your skills, which can only be done by contest and reading editorials of those problems. Whatever good/bad happens to rating-

1 Like

Whatever good/bad happens to rating, will balance out in future contest.

I was never against contest being rated. I was against contest being unfair to honest guys. I supported all sorts of suggestions which could help make it more fair and keep it rated. I was, however, against keeping it rated and giving AC to brute forcers, because that will be alot unfair. And i am happy @admin (s) spent a good deal of time to think of a solution to keep it rated and fair.

stop commenting like you know something for sure. You said, “Round should be rated”, who are you to decide that? You could’ve said, I would like the round to be rated or you think so. But no, you tried to impose your opinion on others.

This platform is used to share anyone’s opinion. If you don’t like it, ignore it. Your first comment in this thread says it all. “Why the hell do you think round should be unrated?” - what kind of comment is this? And after showing numerous reasons defending my opinion, which you obviously didn’t like, you started downvoting. Pathetic, simply pathetic!