Inoi 2017 discussion

@sampritipanda The solution for 50 points (when you store the strength explicitly) is very similar to knapsack DP. Converting it to 100 is just an easy observation :slight_smile:

Maybe TL for problem 2 subtask 1 was somewhat weak. My code that was getting accepted actually took around 2.4-2.5 seconds offline on max test(randomly generated). That or the PCs provided were much slower than codechef.

@nibnalin, TLs were pretty generous. We did not want to force people into making constant optimizations. This isnā€™t long challenge xD

2 Likes

I am expecting atleast a 100(150 if my solution for Training passes). Training was rather easy too but I didnt solve for the third subtask. After solving the second I went to the Fences problem which at first glance I thought was tough. But after a quick analysis I figured that it was a simple DFS(or BFS, though implementing BFS was a lot more messy) problem, though the solution needed a smart implementation of mapsā€¦ I didnt realise it at first so I was moving forward with a ā€œdoubleā€ sorted cultivated coordinates vector(sorted for the y coordinate and then for the x so that they were all in order) and finding if the surrounding cells were cultivated or not and therefore finding out the number of fences required for each cell, It was a very very crude solution and I was facing faults all the time. Then I implemented with Maps(had to read up the documentation again :3) which passed all the local subtasks. After that I had very little time to code the third subtask of Training and debug it which I had formulated on paperā€¦ And also, for Fences I submitted the final solution during the final last minutes at which time the web page just ā€œhangedā€ :3

Everyone, please put your Name and score in this sheet .
This will help everyone to know their chances of getting into TC.
Please share this link as much as possible.

Thanks

8 Likes

Can anyone post the solution code for both the problems??

How much did you score?

@reikjavic Just 10.

1 Like

Here are my codes :-

FENCE

TRAINING

3 Likes

Are the codes that we actually submitted going to be reevaluated or the ones that we had to store in the desktop.If it is the latter case, I think I may have left the public before class declaration, which is not allowed in codechef.Eclipse generates public classes by default, so when I submit, I explicitly remove it.But when I saved It , there is a small chance that I may have forgotten to remove it, although the rest of the code is same.Although I think I have removed it, please check it nonetheless once before reevaluation, if that code is going to be checked.roll number is zco31038.

Since about 34 are getting 200, I donā€™t think I have a chance with 110. Do many solutions get rejected after rechecking by organisers every year ? @animesh_f

1 Like

I can see only abt 15

When will be the results out?

The personal results have been mailed. Regarding official announcement, you may have to wait for a week or so I guess.

Is it like that those who have qualified have only got email?

No, i didnā€™t qualify but I got an email.