ICPC 2017 Results - But Why?

If someone from your college did it, it is because it was possible.Accept it.

True, but its possible only for one of us, right ? XD [I mean, rank 1 is possible only for 1 team. Then luck and other things start playing dominant role. ]

1 Like

@vijju123
tip number 4 applies hereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wellā€¦XDXD. I cannot find a counter-testcase for your points :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A just similar situation in our college also. @vrangr

Can someone tell total time mentioned in the result of amritapuri region is in which unit?

seconds, if Iā€™m not wrong!

I have seen some People on other sites making similar complain about India that ICPC in order to promote CP is giving so many World finals Slots to India while better teams from stronger countries are missing out.

The Same philosophy is being followed for online rounds too.

PS:- I didnt give ICPC online round so I am not saying whether all of this is right or wrong.
Just that whatever complain you are making , same complain is made by some people in stronger countries.

Honestly, I cant even google out such a discussion. Can you provide link to support your claim?

The Same philosophy is being followed for online rounds too.

In online round, teams solving even cakewalk problem with 10 penalties is qualified. At WF level,even in worst to worst case, the qualified teams would be solving at least 8+ questions from onsite round. The variation of level and reservation hence argues against your post. Then, foreign teams also apply to Indian regionals, so againā€¦

1 Like

maybe they disqualified you due to plagiarism, mail them about this.

hey man lesson learnt!!

Just noted this fact - Amritapuriā€™s waiting list has 40 teams under rank 100 ! Now that its past the confirmation time, so most likely all these teams wonā€™t get selected.

Link : Amritapuri Waiting list

Note : The contents of the link may get changed over time, but I canā€™t post the screenshot because of the reputation requirement :frowning:

Hey, guys, I agree with you I understand that you guys did not deserve the things you must deserve, but the thing we must see also This programming etc must be to go to the roots of every institute across the country then only it will stimulate overall development.I give an example of myself, my seniors have some idea regarding the icpc ,but they have not participated since they have not learned things, but I started learning programming ,in the view of preparing for icpc likewise some people also have started to learn with me, in the same way the next level our juniors will also going to learn things ,better than us.If we keep on giving slots only as per ranking then there will be no chance given to others to think about participating in it since at anyways they will not select.Note:You may think that they must have their own interest in doing that,those people who scored most are from top class colleges across country,the level of content given will be different from other low grade colleges according to NACC ratings.so if we given the others also chance there it will bring some change in institute ultimately every thing goes in development mode.
Note:Donā€™t think I am commenting in view I am supporting myself,I am also not shortlisted for onsite round I also secured a good rank in online test.Sorry for those who got hurted with my words.

1 Like

Yes, your opinion , noted , accepted and agreed. Most of the people here are not against the college-first quota as long as there is quota for the well performing teams too. Like Chennai had 75% Slots for College first teams and 25% Slots for well performing teams. May be AMRITAPURI regionals and KOL-KAN regionals could have done the same.

Yaa I agree too with you