Compilation of Plagiarism Concerns

I dont understand how its half a year after +K?

Your current rating is ~300. After a +800 it goes to 1100, and its easy to reach 1600 quickly within a month.

@vijju123

where is your +K thing? it would take almost half a year to recover the ratings. they are not even considering the performance, just randomly giving +135 to +140 rating points.

where is your +K thing?

Please be more polite. I refuse to read your query further.

u take my question in a wrong way. i am simply asking what happened to your idea. with that speed in increment of rating would cost a year. many users have same rating or even less rating have solved one question got the same increment. Atleast consider their performance . some have made new account , they are directly entering in to 3 star with same no of questions that i have solved.

Ok. Will update you when I hear from them.

Updates as requested by the community-

• The script for +K rating is almost done. Users can expect it to be done very soon. @admin is hoping for it to be done by today or tomorrow.
  • Penalties are being revised. The “Drop rating to 0” is being replaced. I can comment exact numbers only when its finished, but they are tending to keep penalties at an at least -750
  • Making the process transparent is initiated. It can take some time. A rough deadline is end of this month (but may be extended if some unforeseen difficulty comes up). We’ll inform about that.

Hello all,

I am extremely delighted to inform you that as per our discussion with @admin , the concerned changes have been implemented! Please check your profile, and read about the changes https://blog.codechef.com/2018/06/22/important-announcement-concerning-rating-changes-following-plagiarism/ .

No More Mercy will be done for any further case of 0 rating so please keep fair play in mind when you give contest next time. Also, the rule of "Change rating to 0 has been replaced by Reduce rating by X

Please give @admin your feedback at the blog. If I am needed, do tell me. Thank you for having faith and trust on your moderators. :slight_smile: