CHMOD - Editorial

:smiley: Right! Right!

A(i) ≤ 100 was a hint for many (including me). But for me, the idea of prime numbers didn’t click before there were a few TLEs.

@sandeepandey Thank you for sharing!

@tijoforyou same story here. Apart from the fact that A(i) ≤ 100 was a hint i figured out at starting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont think this question qualifies as an easy one. It requires segment trees and modular exponentiation. Please consider moving it to medium. It took me 3 hours to get to the Algorithm. And only around 900 could solve it over the ten days.

i’d got AC and my power function was recursive too :smiley:

Segmented Trees ? Why do you need that in this ?

#include
#include

using namespace std;

unsigned long long int pr(int a,int b,unsigned long long int m){

if(b == 0)return 1;
unsigned long long int ans = pr(a,b/2,m)%m;
if(b%2){
	return (((a*ans)%m)*ans)%m;
}else{
	return (ans*ans)%m;
}

}

int ans[100001][26];

int main()
{

int p[25] = {2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19,23,29,31,37,41,43,47,53,59,61,67,71,73,79,83,89,97};

unsigned long long mod,aa;
int l = 25;
int arr[101][25] = {{0}};
for(int m = 2;m < 101;m++){
	int awe = m;
	for(int j = 0; j < l && awe > 1; j++) {
		if(awe%p[j] == 0) {
			while(awe%p[j] == 0) {
				arr[m][j]++;
				awe /= p[j];
			}
		}
	}
}
int n;
cin >> n;
int in[n];
for(int i = 0;i < n;i++) {
	scanf("%d",&in[i]);
}
for (int i = 0; i < 25; i++ ) {
	ans[0][i] = arr[in[0]][i];
}
for(int i = 1;i < n;i++){
	for(int j = 0;j < 25;j++){
		ans[i][j] = ans[i-1][j] + arr[in[i]][j];
	}
}
int final[26];
int k;
cin >> k;
while(k--){
	int l,r;
	scanf("%d%d%llu",&l,&r,&mod);
	aa = 1%mod;
	for(int i = 0;i < 25;i++){
		if (l > 1)final[i] = ans[r-1][i] - ans[l-1][i] + arr[in[l-1]][i];
		else final[i] = ans[r-1][i];
	}

for(int i = 0;i < 25;i++){
		if(final[i]){
			aa = (aa*pr(p[i],final[i],mod));
			if(aa >= mod)aa = aa%mod;
		}
	}
	cout<< aa<<endl;
}

return 0;

}’

why i got TLE…can any one help me please…

Using Segment tree was my second approach as storing product of numbers in a product array table was my first approach but I was getting SIGFPE and then latter on WA on both the approaches.

What I was thinking is the highest value of mod is 10^9 and during calculation of product or formation of segment tree, i was taking mod of 10^9 + 7 in order to maintain in the size in int.

After then I thought perhaps this is not good idea so I implemented big integers in c++, this was my first handshake with big integers in c++, thanks to the problem I learned how to use big integers but still problems was not solved and got TLE’s.

Interesting. I used prime numbers in the first go and didn’t even notice that storing freqs of 1-100 could have been an alternative approach. To answer your question, I started solving the problem by looking at the segment products. I noticed that they’ll consists of only primes from 1 to 100 and that’s how I came up with the idea of storing prime frequencies. Thanks for this alternative view!

1 Like

I changed your recursive pr function to iterative one and viola!!! It worked…

http://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/2528330

I had this same prob. and I don’t know why recursive is failing in our case…as akrai48 has implemented it recursive…I think we have been doing things that aren’t optimized…Would be grateful if someone throw a light on it… :slight_smile:

so was mine !

@shantanuag Thank you for your inputs on this. :slight_smile:

there so much bilions in result such that owerflow in even long double : result = k * 1e9 + x ; result <= 1e200,000 so , k <= ~1e20000

But when using log10, the max sum is 10.000 * 2 :wink:

this is giving TLE
anyone plz help

this is giving TLE
anyone plz help

can sm1 plss check why m i getting WA for my code…

http://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/2529589

i m getting all right answers for as many test cases as i could think of…am i missing sm exceptional case??

If you’re doing a naive D&C, query complexity would be Omega(n).

Your recurrence would be T(n) = 2 * T(n / 2) + Omega(1).

T(n) = Omega(n)

Can anybody tell what’s wrong with the code?

http://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/2517179

In your program, the line res=(res*power(i,tmp[i],m)); can give an overflow. It should have been res=(res*power(i,tmp[i],m))%m; to avoid overflows.