Approach to become Good Programmer.

This link will really help you for learning compititive programming

@haccks, sadly, she sort ofā€¦ ā€œdisappearedā€ from Codechef and stopped replying to my textsā€¦ Maybe sheā€™s just busy with uni, but, it still saddens me a lot when I think about itā€¦

3 Likes

@kuruma, Great story, you are an inspiration to all those who want to contribute to this codechef community!

@ v_akshay, Thanks for enjoying reading it!! Sadly, I think that my performances in contests arenā€™t still very good when compared to how much I love this community and programmingā€¦ but, as I said, having to learn everything ā€œaloneā€ and being busy with univ really doesnā€™t leaves me much free time to dedicate to competitive programmingā€¦ But, Iā€™ll keep learning as much as I can

2 Likes

@kuruma, But you said that she is your FB friend ? Didnā€™t you tried to contact her ? I can see last she participated in long NOV13 on Code Chef.

1 Like

Sometimes while doing we donā€™t get answers of our questions and doubts either because they may seem very easy or foolish asking. What to do and how to approach in that caseā€¦?!!

hey i am still struggling in coding I do not know why ā€¦ do u guide meā€¦

what if i dont have any other options and i have to do programming

My case was same as you @msehgal. I studied in a CBSE school where I got introduced to C++ in higher secondary class and I accept it I was not good at it. I didnā€™t even understood the applications of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) in real life situations because I am a person who understands things from visuals. I was not even sure I will pursue this line further. I started looking online, talked to my seniors, wrote the problems I was facing in on private blogs and institutional websites, I practiced a lot too and the results motivated me.

From loops to pointers this was my journey, I started getting solutions to the problems, and after a time I looked at the programs I was hardly able to create and what the did this time was I wrote all the programs again and not only was I able to complete it in less time but the amount of codelines had also reduced. So basically, as it is said that you learn new things from life everyday and grow as a Human Being you learn from the programs you come across and grow as a programmer. Programming had become a passion for me. Software Development is a very huge field, no matter where you go you will always find people having more knowledge than you. Donā€™t get discouraged of the knowledge you have, just look how much far you have come and keep pushing forward. Keeping pursuing your passion and never let that hunger for knowledge die. Stay Motivated!

@msehgal @rockster
Give Long contest, Try ,never give up and trust me those green ticks are amazing.
after the contest try upsolving,
search the algorithms related to the question and try to implement by yourself.
read topp programmerā€™s solutions .
thatā€™s how will you improve .Thankyou.
P.S : upvote my answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

check my answer @rockster

Learning a computer programming language is very easy compared to writing good programs and using the language effectively. For a beginner, it might take 4-5 months to learn a new Programming language where as perfecting the programming skills including the design, debugging and maintenance might take more than 3 to 4 years. To become an excellent programmer Go here : http://java.meritcampus.com/core-java-topics/How-Can-I-Be-A-Good-Excellent-Programmer

hllo kuruma i am a girl n i too like programming. i wanna know tht wht is this competitive programming ??are the y the program which professionals make or ā€¦??
n i wanna knw ur approach to ur programs i mean how you solve it??
n are u interested in other things except programming like everyday science,machines,computer n all??
if yes then plzz give me some tips to make me motivated towards these things too. i too wanna be like u:-interested in evrything. plzzā€¦

Want to be a good programmer?

1. Donā€™t copy others code.
  2. Be lazy and find the easiest way to everything.
  3. Look for trouble and find your own solution to them.
    The syntax,indentation etc. comes later.
    The main thing lies in how you confront and solve a problem.
    Good luck.

YOU WILL BE A GOOD PROGRAMMER WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION POWER TO IMAGINE PROBLEMS AND CONNECT WITH YOUR REAL WORLD PROBLEMS.A GOOD PROGRAMMER HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ALGORITHM TO MAKE YOUR PROGRAM IS MOST EFFICIENT IN CASE OF TIME AND SPACE COMPLEXITY.

yes after learning this coding i will be a good coder

I have some observation and i maybe completely wrong here. I have seen people (who had started from zero knowledge in algorithms) getting orange rating in an average of 1.5 year, and most everyone has solved approximately 600+ questions. So, consider solving 50 medium level questions of a every topic eg Dp. After this you will able to find the paradigm of the solutions quickly at least and be able to calculate the complexity using meta gaming.

1. get your basics right. basic DSA, complexity finding and maths like number theory, combinations.

2. solve medium level questions and read other solutions as well.

3. try advanced topic and try implementing them. And learn all Advanced DATA STRUCTURES.

4. of you find some cool trick try to remember them and moke notes. apply them whem you find them again.

write more on paper and write less code on editor.

xml version=ā€œ1.0ā€ encoding=ā€œutf-8ā€?>
Answers to: Approach to become Good Programmer.https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/14613/approach-to-become-good-programmer

I really want to know that whats the ideal approach for becoming a good programmer? Whats the secret to solve the Codechef questions?
Any External links, online tutorials, e-books are welcome.
ANY help will be appreciated.
I also want to know whats the X-factor that your resume must have in order to be shortlisted for Software Developers post.
What is actually required?
Is it theory, is it just practice or something else?

<atom:link href="https://discuss.

xml version=ā€œ1.0ā€ encoding=ā€œutf-8ā€?>
Answers to: Approach to become Good Programmer.https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/14613/approach-to-become-good-programmer

I really want to know that whats the ideal approach for becoming a good programmer? Whats the secret to solve the Codechef questions?
Any External links, online tutorials, e-books are welcome.
ANY help will be appreciated.
I also want to know whats the X-factor that your resume must have in order to be shortlisted for Software Developers post.
What is actually required?
Is it theory, is it just practice or something else?

<atom:link href="https://discuss.

Trees and other Data Structuresā€¦ and some of the tuff ones like, Ropes, Segmentation Trees, etc. which you will eventually learn after much of your effortsā€¦ apart from this you need to build your mathematical basics to the best, to utilize your capabilities, including series(Fibonacci, Catalan, AP, GP, HP etc.), formulas, Probability, Permutation, Combination etcā€¦ Sometimes there is a requirement some other subjects(like Physics) but most of relevant information is provided